What success means to me in life?

In the Middle, Photo Credit: SF Artography
What does success mean to me in my life? Many years I have been searching for the answer since I was a young little girl. After understanding life better through personal life experience and other people’s life experiences, to me, success means happiness and happiness means success. It is a direct link between them. 

If you are happy, it means that you live your life with purpose and you achieve what you truly want and need in your life. This includes happiness in doing what you love until you reach new heights and triumph.

First, for me, happiness is when I do the things I love. For example, my passion is to write poetry and stories. I write since I was 13. I began writing seriously when I met my husband where he encourages me to pursue my dreams and share my writings with the rest of the world. This year, I share my writings and photography with many friends from different parts of the world. I’m doing what I truly love, I’m happy and God bless, this is my joy and one of the triumphs in my life. 

Happiness for me is also when I’m helping less fortunate beings. At the moment, my husband and I are focusing on two projects, which are ‘Feed the Homeless and Hungry’ in KL and also feed the stray cats and dogs. If I can make other people or animals happy, I’m happy and that is what success means to me.

Success is a journey, not a destination. So is happiness. Once we feel the real feeling of happiness in the power of loving, giving and living, we will understand the real meaning of success! 

By: Sofia Naznim

*Wrote for my public speaking class based on the given topic 
The Swirl, Photo Credit: SF Artography

Comments

Popular Posts